Terra Compost ( Sampoorana )
Composition of Terra Compost
Terra compost is a special Bio enriched Compost which is the building block for organic agriculture. It is compost derived from the decomposition of various elements which provide maximum organic carbon along with providing sea essential minerals.
Being a 100% organic starter kit for the field, Terra compost boosts the beneficial bacterial component of the soil. It is this health of the soil which in turn determines the growth that the soil has to offer.
Terra compost has multiple benefits Short terms benefits, including noticeable lush green growth by providing macro and micro-nutrients. The long-term benefits of compost include the improvement of soil properties physically (structurally), chemically (nutritionally), and biologically Organic compost also suppresses plant diseases, binds contaminants, degrades compounds, provides wetland restoration, and controls erosion and weeds.
Benefits of Compost
- Conserves water — Improves water-holding capacity, thus reducing water loss and leaching in sandy soils
- Boosts plant growth
- Improves aeration
- Increases soil fertility
- Loosens clay soil
- Helps plants resist pests and disease
- Improves the soil structure, porosity, and density, thus creating a better plant root environment
- Increases moisture infiltration and permeability of heavy soils, thus reducing erosion and runoff
- Supplies a variety of macro and micronutrients
- May control or suppress certain soil-borne plant pathogens
- Supplies significant quantities of organic matter
- Improves cation exchange capacity (CEC) of soils and growing media, thus improving their ability to hold nutrients for plant use
- Supplies beneficial microorganisms to soils and growing media
- Improves and stabilizes soil pH
- Can bind and degrade specific pollutants