Terra phos and Terra phos gold

Problems associated with Excessive use of DAP/ SSP- PHOSPHATE PROBLEM 

When DAP or SSP is applied to the soil only about 30% of the phosphorus is used by the plants, while the rest is converted to forms which cannot be used by the crops. Excessive and indiscriminate application of chemical fertilizers shows an adverse impact on the soils in that soil microflora and fauna (which impart natural properties to the soils) are destroyed thereby resulting into decreased agricultural production after years of application. A phenomenon which is known as PHOSPHATE PROBLEM. 

It was to address this phosphate problem that PROM ( Phosphate Rich Organic Manure) was added to the Fertilizer Control (Amendment) Order, 2012. 

Composition of TERRAPHOS 

Terra Phos is one of our prime products because of its distinction of being both organic (phosphates) and Bio fertiliser (solubilising bacteria). It is made of a unique blend of carbon &  phosphate, which are essential for the right growth of plants. Along with being an organic source for water-soluble P2O5 ( more than 10.5 % of phosphates), Terra Phos contains over 10% of Organic Carbon. It also comprises of other nutrients like N, K, CA, MA, S in required amounts.   

Soil organic carbon is the basis of soil fertility. It releases nutrients for plant growth, promotes the structure, biological and physical health of soil, and is a buffer against harmful substance. Being a slow releasing form of fertiliser, it provides a timely supply of nutrients for the plant growth. Moreover, the carbon and PSB help in mobilizing the existing fixed phosphate in the soil thereby providing more phosphates to the plant for absorption.

Benefits of TERRAPHOS 

• Along with Phosphorus and organic carbon, Terra Phos provides Nitrogen, Potash, Calcium, zinc, copper and other such essential minerals to the plants which help with flower, fruit and seed production. 

• It supplies phosphorus to the second crop planted in a treated area as efficiently as the first, and that it can be produced using acidic waste solids recovered from the discharge of Biogas plants.

• The advantage with PROM is that it shows equal residual effect, that is it works for two consequent crops. The dissolution of P from PROM is slow and is due to the organic acids released by the plant roots and microorganism hosted (naturally present or advertently added) by the soil and the soil organic matter. Further organic matter (that matrixed rock phosphate particles) complexes soil cations thereby preventing fixation of P. 

• PROM is very effective as phosphatic fertilizer even in saline soils where DAP completely failed. 

• The use of PROM will reduce the cost of fertilization to the farmers and will also result in the conservation of phosphate mineral a non-renewable resource due to the high residual effect.

Process of Applicaton 

Apply a minimum of 50 kgs/ Acre. 80% of which is to be applied during sowing and the remaining 20% within 21-40 days.