What is the need for Potassium in the current agricultural scenario
The increased dependency on chemical urea for yield has led to an imbalance in the soil chemistry. The farmers have been focussing on providing the crop with nitrogen, hence the other macro elements such as potassium which is essential to the plant health are missing from the overall ‘ diet’ of the plants and soil.
Potassium is an essential Plant nutrient and is required in large amounts for proper growth and reproduction of plants. Potassium is considered second only to nitrogen, when it comes to nutrients needed by plants, and is commonly considered as the “quality nutrient.” Plants absorb potassium in its ionic form, K+. Potassium helps plants make strong stems and keep growing fast. It affects the plant shape, size, colour, taste and other measurements attributed to healthy produce.
The composition of Terra Potash
Terra potash contains potash derived from natural substances, such as botanical origin and other fermentation-based products. It is completely natural, it has no synthetic substance. What makes it unique is the fact that K2O content is more than 14% which is a feat achieved without the use of chlorine and sulfate-based fertilizers. Terra Potash is 100% organic and safe to use as compared to it’s chemical counterpart- MOP ( Muriate of potash) which releases chlorine (CL) when used as a fertilizer in the soil. Its Bioavailability in more than 90% in the single crop making it a completely non -residue fertilizer. It USP is in the fact that it does not release chlorine and sulfate in the soil.
Along with being an organic source for water-soluble Potassium in K+ form, Terra Potash contains over 10% of Organic Carbon. Soil organic carbon is the basis of soil fertility. It releases nutrients for plant growth, promotes the structure, biological and physical health of soil, and is a buffer against harmful substances.
BENEFITS OF TERRA POTASH
Potassium (k) stands for quality of plants.
• It is a highly effective organic potash which improves soil potassium content without the addition of any toxic materials.
• It has a better potassium absorption rate and utilisation by the crop.
• Promotes crop growth and disease resistance.
• Improves overall ecological environment and reduces the cost incurred by the farmers.
• Potassium triggers activation of enzymes which in turns are the energy and growth source for the plant.
• Potassium plays a major role in the regulation of water in plants (osmoregulation).
• It improves drought resistance.
• Potassium is essential at almost every step of the protein synthesis.
Process of Application
Apply a minimum of 10 kgs/ Acre.